Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - 8ft halfpipe with 1 ft of vert
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

8ft halfpipe with 1 ft of vert

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

8ft halfpipe with 1 ft of vert

Postby vertskater901 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:02 am

hello i am thinking about building a vert ramp because the skatepark hear closed down, i want something with 1ft of vert, so i was wondering if i build a 8ft halfpipe is it possible to fit 1ft of vert on a small ramp like that, most ramps with 1 ft of vert are like 10 ft or higher. do you think that maybe i can make a mellow 8ft halfpipe with 1ft of vert? :?:
vertskater901

Re: 8ft halfpipe with 1 ft of vert

Postby hankery on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:39 pm

i have an 8ft halfpipe with bareley any vert but id go up to 10ft or 12 if you want a real
vert ramp
hankery

Postby vertskater901 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:43 pm

hankery wrote:i have an 8ft halfpipe with bareley any vert but id go up to 10ft or 12 if you want a real
vert ramp

10 or 12 is to big, my dad wont let me bulid one in the yard if i is that big. what about 6inches of vert do you think that would work?
vertskater901

Postby hankery on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:20 pm

vertskater901 wrote:
hankery wrote:i have an 8ft halfpipe with bareley any vert but id go up to 10ft or 12 if you want a real
vert ramp

10 or 12 is to big, my dad wont let me bulid one in the yard if i is that big. what about 6inches of vert do you think that would work?

it would work and u could always make a 10 ft extension
hankery

Postby Bobby on Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:58 pm

I added six inches of vert on my halfpipe (see vert halfpipe plans). The pipe has an 8' transition with 16 feet of flatbottom. Afterwords I wished I had added a foot of vert, it would have made it easier to air out straight up. When I learned how to do backflips, I always did them on the vert side http://www.xtremeskater.com/aggressivei ... ckflip.php.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby vertskater901 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 pm

yeah, thats why i want to add vert, so that i can just fly out to do airs easily on my board. but my plan is to have 6inches of vert on the whole ramp, and an extension with 1/2 ft of vert.
vertskater901

Postby vertskater901 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:37 pm

ok one more question, its a stupid question, but any way, what is the average price for an 8ft halfpip? that is 16ft wide?
vertskater901

Postby adamjones on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:36 am

somewhere around $1000+
adamjones

Postby Mattsoft1 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 am

I have seen halfpipes 8ft tall with 2ft of vert so 1ft of vert is fine just make the radius 7ft you should be fine.
Mattsoft1

Return to Ramp Building Forums