Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

NEED HELP WITH MINI RAMP!

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

NEED HELP WITH MINI RAMP!

Postby xtremesk8 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 am

i am i little bit worry :S
becuse me and some friends really wanna build a mini ramp, but now i see that mini ramp for 367$ or what the price was is just a inside ramp!
so if i will keep it outside, will it be destroyed by water, cold and stuff like that? :S
please tell me quick becuse i dont got afford to build that mini ramp for like 1000$ :(
xtremesk8

Re: NEED HELP WITH MINI RAMP!

Postby Mattsoft1 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:54 pm

I am making a mini to and I dont have much money!

I have come up with a solution:

IF the mini is 2 ft or less just put 1 2x4 at each corner ( bolt it on tight and starting the end of the 2x4 at the bottom of the ramp). Then assemble a roof structure with 2x4s. Then put on the roof part.

PS If your mini is longer or wider than 8 ft (witch it probably is). Put in extra 2x4s supports.

PPS The 2x4s are 8 ft long.

PPPS If your mini is taller than 2 ft or you want more headroom than 6 ft than buy those extra long 2x4s and cut them to size.

If you have any more questions e-mail me at Mattsoft1@gmail.com
Mattsoft1

Re: NEED HELP WITH MINI RAMP!

Postby ayjay on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:58 am

Well if its going to be outside your defeantly going to want to use some kind of sealer/paint or you can be really dodgy and buy a huge tarp and put that over whenever your not skating it.BUT really big tarps are really expense so you might as well use something really good like skate paint or some kind of polyurathane sealer. And remember do it properly the first time and u shodnt have to worry about it for a while. hope i helped :mrgreen:
ayjay

Return to Ramp Building Forums