Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Add New Plans?

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Add New Plans?

Postby francis_bh on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:08 pm

All of these plans are excellent and I have already used them to build a halfpipe of my own. But I have more projects and ideas in mind. Unfortunately some of these ideas have no plans to go with them. Adding more plans would be the solution. I was thinking something along the lines of a spine transfer, a taller quaterpipe, and any other ideas others feel should have plans.

-Thanks, Francis
francis_bh

Re: Add New Plans?

Postby Mattsoft1 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Spines are simple (MAYBE NOT SO MUCH) . I would make regular sides like a halfpipe but with no deck(and put two sides back to back) if you can make the two sides on piece it would be easier. Put in the ribs as usual but when you get to the top of the ramp put a 2x4 flat in between the sides as far up as possible without sticking out. I think the coping would be easier to put on before the plywood.The coping... At the skate park I go to the Spines coping is to bars welded together. If you don't have a welder you could try to get a very big bar. I would go to a metal shop and see if they can weld it to. and then just put the surface on. If you have any questions e-mail me at Mattsoft1@gmail.com
Mattsoft1

Return to Ramp Building Forums