Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Painklrs Mini

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Painklrs Mini

Postby painklr on Sat May 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Need help in determining the best size for my ramp. It will be set up in my 2 1/2 car garage. I will make in 3 parts so that I can take it apart and store it so that i can park the cars. The height will be 2 ft (24 in) and I would like each base to be 5 feet each. Can anyone tell me what size the flat bottom should be? I was thinking 5 feet, but not sure if I should go shorter or longer. Not even sure if the height I am planning will even work. But can't do much about that since I am limited in my height due to low ceilings. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks - Painklr
painklr

Re: Painklrs Mini

Postby psykoninja on Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 pm

fitting a small halfpipe in a garage may not be the best idea - i think you may end up wanting something bigger, and better. if you need to have one - measure the length of the garage (the most amount of space the halfpipe can take up) and divide by 3. each section should be that long (leave a few feet on each side for room to move)
psykoninja

Re: Painklrs Mini

Postby painklr on Tue May 25, 2010 6:25 am

Thanks for the suggestion psykoninja. My garage is about 25 feet wide. I thought about making it the whole length of the garage. But since the height of the ramp is only going to be 2 ft high, I figured I would be pushing just to make it to the other end of the ramp. I think I will go with a 8 feet wide by 15 feet long. I agree with I might want something better. I figure I can test the mini in the garage first and then if I want something bigger, I have a little piece of land I can use behind the garage. That way if the weather is bad, I have a place to stay dry and skate. Thanks again.
painklr

Return to Ramp Building Forums