Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

What is best bmx ramp hight for basic tricks

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

What is best bmx ramp hight for basic tricks

Postby myidle on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:40 am

I ride bmx and was wondering what is the best height for a mini to do basic stuff on 180s bar spins that sorta thing :P :P :P :P
myidle

Re: What is best bmx ramp hight for basic tricks

Postby zac_bmx_spine on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:07 pm

i'd say 4.5ft to 5ft
zac_bmx_spine

Postby myidle on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 am

cheers
myidle

Postby Jordsta on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi, newbie here... Jordsta's the name! How're y'all doin? :)

I'm an Aussie bloke who is about to make some DJ styled ramps for BMX. I to, wanted to know what is the optimum height but I also want to know a couple of other things if you guys can help, please?

This is for a local festival Expo my groups/companies are putting on for our town's 150th Birthday celebrations in march next year.

I intend to make a triple pack line of jumps finishing with a vert quarter pipe at the end. I figure we will start from a take-off ramp for rolling start to a 4'er- gap- to down ramp, then a 4' Table Top then a 3'er to down ramp and on to the Quarter pipe to return.

My questions are;

What are the optimum transitions/radii for each of these ramps and how do I best set up the down ramps? Should they be just flat trans like in a skate park or like FMX or should I put some radius into them?
would it also help if when I do the tar lining bit, could I put in some 1/4" rubber instead for a softening of impact effect?

Also for the 4" of vert Q-pipe, what is the best trans for this. It will probably finish at a height of 6' or 7' there abouts...

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers ;)

Jordie 'Jordsta' Fitzgerald
President: Peninsula mountain Park Committee Inc
Registrar: Dromana 'Dragonflies' BMX Club Inc
Jordsta

Return to Ramp Building Forums