Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - Introduce Yourself
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Introduce Yourself

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Bobby on Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:44 pm

alex - what kind of gaps are you trying to jump? I havn't jumped many gaps on skates, but my favorite spot at 3rd layer, 4down, and the overpass have all been an 8/9 foot drop in to a 4 foot funbox gap jump. Most snowboard jumps have some kind of gap so I guess I got used to it from that, the more you skate the more comfortable you will get though, good pads help for confidence. Also I used to take the middle out of my funbox to jump the gap, you could always try that.

Keith - thanks for sticking around, I decided to just take the old forums down because it was getting so overrun by spam and I didn't have the time to moderate in new zealand, this forums (new phpBB3) seems to be a lot better at blocking spam. I have always gone smooth side up with massonite. However, I usually inline, we've got 8 wheels so I think extra smooth doesn't hurt, then I use longboard wheels on my skateboard (since my board's main use is skating to class) so my board is very grippy on the ramps. I do have skateboarders at my house a decent amount though and have never heard any complains about the ramp being too slippery. On my 8' halfpipe having smooth side up makes it a fun slide for non skaters. Looking forward to seeing the project page.

Micah - the wheels and rope system is some good thinking, I will definitely have to try that when I get back, have hurt myself a few times trying to move a ramp by myself.

coolguy - I don't think i'll be letting people upload videos straight to the site, coding that would probably be a nightmare, what i'll do is have you upload it to youtube then submit the links for it to embed the videos here. I've got kind of a busy schedule coming up thought so i'm guessing it will be at least a couple of weeks.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby coolguy on Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:16 pm

ok heres the embeded of my vids <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlaQYn7dqPk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlaQYn7dqPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl3wFzrpEAs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl3wFzrpEAs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sur0YcDkNuw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sur0YcDkNuw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
coolguy

Postby dtrain on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi im dillon. I am 14 and live in georgia and have been skating for about a month or so and cant do much but ollie and i almost have my kickflip landed just not yet. I like to skate vert so i decided to make a mini ramp and maybe a box. My friend got me into skating although hes better than me hes not amazing. I decided to build one yesterday and starting looking at plans today. I would like to build a mini ramp from this site im just not sure if I ( me, my dad, and my brother) could because it doesnt show alot on making the transition which looks realy hard. Ive never built anything so if anyone could email me a little info on it id be greatful.
dtrain

Postby Bobby on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Hey dillon, welcome to the forums. Did you see the page I have dedicated to drawing transitions? http://www.xtremeskater.com/stringandcompass.php, its linked to on the left titled "Drawing Transitions". You can also look at each of the plans since I have pictures of drawing the transition for most of them.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby skate on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:09 am

hi,

im skate (im not goin to tell my real name cuz its not a that cool name 8-) )
i live in holland so i dont speak english that well but whatever.
im almost finisht my first ramp (launch ramp) ive used the instruction of this guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDXso-1JAT0
and i want to build an mini ramp also one time. im gonna take pictures of that one while building. i skatboard :o and maybe i want an BMX one time to.

well i dont hav a too big story about myself.
so.... keep skating up!!
skate

Postby sholop on Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi, my names chris, i am 13 years old and live in london uk. I have been skateboarding for about 4 months now and i take my board everywhere i go.I found this cool website and got the plans, i am currently building the quarter pipe but have future plans of getting a half pipe and grind box (if my mum will let me :P). i was just wondering what the 4x4 is used for one the qaurter pipe i cant find where i am suppose to use it anywhere in the instructions.
sholop

Postby Bobby on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:57 am

welcome skate, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Hey Chris, the 4x4 is used for the back platform support. In the video and pictures I just have 2x6's back there, because I ended up building the platform into my barn wall so didn't need the 4x4's. You will also probably want to put some diagonal 2x4's for extra support back there.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby vlepuil on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:33 am

hi I'm Vel and just to say that your web site is jsut ... so good. Sorry I don't think my english is perfect.
thaks for everything.
Bye
vlepuil

Postby Inliner on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:01 pm

hi i live in flordia my second home is 688 skate park (clearwater FL) i aggressive inline and i'm ok. i really want to make a half pipe in my backyard[u][/u]
Inliner

Postby Billybmx on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:32 pm

my name is billy i am from perth australia i have recently gotten into bmxing and aready in the process of building a ramp

i need help with the height as currently it is 1.5 ft but i think it is too high as i will be landing on flat ground
Billybmx

PreviousNext

Return to Ramp Building Forums