Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - Introduce Yourself
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Introduce Yourself

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Bobby on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:54 pm

welcome to everyone new!

Please bear with me as I will be implementing some changes to the site this august. There could be some downtimes or bugs, but hopefully it won't be too bad, and the new system will be smoother.

I just moved to venice beach (CA) ! I am like a block away from the skatepark and surf. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked. My iPhone is my only source of internets right now but hopefully i'll get more soon.

Adam - 20 ramps by the age of 13, that is impressive
Bobby
Site Admin

Skatin' the Big Sky

Postby dubojones on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Whats up everybody, this is a dope site, Me and my friend built the mini ramp next to my house in a junk yard (perfect right). It's super sick. Took us 7 hours to construct. There's not very many places to skate in ol' ennis MT so we're building places. Thanks for the for the free plans they worked great. the string and pencil arc thing is genius. I can't wait to try a snowboard in it. Peace skate rats
dubojones

Postby vertskater901 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:57 am

hello my names is ben, i am a vert skateboarder, i ride for m one skateboard company.
vertskater901

Postby hagerdman on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Yo guys my names Jamie i am from a small town in GA and i just got back into skateboarding im 20 and i just jacked up my wrist :o so it might be a week before i get to skate again but i cant believe i quit . . . but anyways im starting on a mini pipe using some plans from this site ill keep u guys updated on it. I'll try to have some pics up soon later guys and keep up the skating! :!: :!:
hagerdman

Postby ACEHIGH10203 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Heyllo, name's Nate. I'm over here in New Jersey. Still in middle school :roll: , but gettin through it ;) . Just started inlining about a month ago, and have been visiting the local skatepark, Shields. Have broken anything yet, ( :? yet...), and plan not to. Anyway, I just finished most of my first quarter pipe that me and my Dad made together. There was ALOT of adjusting. Especially on the coping, but finally, we got it to where I want it :) . We haven't got the transtion between the bottom of the ramp and the ground yet (still looking for thin metal... anybody got any pointers :shock: ), and we haven't painted on the coats of Spar Urethane we bought. Waiting for a NICE day. I'll post some finished pics soon. Look for "Nate's Ramps"....

Cheers!

P.S. Thanks to XTREME SKATER for the inspiration to start building! :D
ACEHIGH10203

Postby irideabikewithnohandlebas on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:03 pm

esponjarider wrote:Whats up everyone, my name is DOM and I am a 36year old Skateboard dad from Hawthorne, Ca. I never really skated that much besides cruising around when I was a kid. I think the last time I owned a board was when I was 12 years old. This year my 7yr old son told me he wanted to start skating. So like any good dad I bought my son a skateboard. I couldn't just get him a board so I got one also. I remember the DOGTOWN days and the Vans demo team coming to my school in the late 70's. Skating has always intrigued me but I never put anytime into it. Well now is my opportunity.

After a couple of months of skating my son decided he wanted a skate ramp. We'll I barely know how to skate let alone build a skate ramp.

Then during my research I came across this marvelous site with wonderful information.

But up to this point in my life I still hadn't built anything before. So I looked at the instructions and looked and looked and looked. Finally I thought that I could do it. The only problem that I thought I would have is with drawing the transition.

So I set out to build a half pipe for my son. I got the materials list. I went to construction demo sites and asked if I could recycle used full length pieces of 2x4's, 2x6's and 4x4's, I even came across a few sheets of plywood and two old sturdy home made bookshelfs that were made out of 3/4 inch plywood. I then had to take all of the nails out of the wood to clean them up (very labor intensive but worth it).

After a month and with all of my materials in hand I was ready.

It took me, my brother and brother in law five hours to build. but following your instructions this is what came out.

I didn't have a pipe to make the coping at time but hoping to add it later.

DOM

That kid is 7!? wow i cannot imagine when he's 20 if he sticks with it haha thats great.

By the way, My name is Jonathan, I bike i've been biking for about 6 months, but I'm a pretty slow learner. I started taking it seriously in about July/August of this year, I can feeble, One hander, One footer, i get really close to abubacas and tire taps and x-ups and turndowns, all of which i am learning now. I cannot do many tricks but i can do lots of gaps, and I really thankthis site, because without it my dad would've never taken me seriously when i said I wanted to build a quarter.
Last edited by irideabikewithnohandlebas on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irideabikewithnohandlebas

Postby irideabikewithnohandlebas on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:17 pm

i meant to attch this:
irideabikewithnohandlebas

Postby JoeShmoe on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Just have to say this site is pretty sweet, nothing beats free ramp plans. Not like ramps are all that tough to build, but I remember when I didn't even know how to use a circular saw or what type of plywood to use, ah the good ol days, before I had to do that kind of stuff on a daily basis as work. Mostly I just help other people build ramps these days, still skate a bit, but I don't have health insurance anymore so.... Anyhow, love to see the ramp projects, designing ramps and other skate 'things' like funboxes is my newest thing,
-Lates
JoeShmoe
JoeShmoe

Postby ImpureSk8er on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:42 am

My name is Tyler. I currently live in Linglestown, Pennsylvania. I am 16. I have been skating for about 4 years now and me and my friends are looking for plans to build our own major skatepark. I have always taken skating seriously and i always try my hardest. If you need help with anything e-mail me at zalektyler@yahoo.com and ask for the number.
ImpureSk8er

Postby ACox on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:55 am

Hi I'm Adam, my friends call me Cox, I'm 20 years old and I have been skateboarding since I was 12.
I go to the California Culinary Academy, and own a full metal/wood shop.
If anyone needs plans, a sketch up, material estimate, or even if they just want me to design a ramp for them, go ahead and email me at binkiebink@gmail.com
I'm always willing to help.

Here is the sketch up for my current project
It's gonna be a tiny bedroom quarter pipe.
And here is the link to my project log.
http://rampplans.org/forums/?board=ramp ... 29;start=0
ACox

PreviousNext

Return to Ramp Building Forums