Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Introduce Yourself

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Toast on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:33 am

Hey I'm Jack, I'm also speaking on behalf of Antz and Josh. We have been into BMX riding for a while, and have been using self made dirt jumps in our local woods for about half a year. But we went on a skate park not too long ago and got a real feel for it. So we recently (on Monday XD) decided to build some ramps, but we didn't know where to start. This site has been very helpfull, we are going to pick up materials tommorrow and begin work this weekend. Will post pics soon as we are finished :)
Toast

Postby sp0rtscrazd11 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Hey the names STEVE. ive been bmxin for a couple of years and got into park riding. i made a 4ft quarter pipe that jumped in to my friends lake and it lookd GREAT the transition i free handed but it was so smooth. then when i moved we got a barn with a big loft with a hole bunch of wood and the taught came to me MINI ramp!!!! so ive been thinkin and geting scrape wood from a local construction company. with premisson. o yea im 16 so i want to learn and GO BIG so any pointers would be great. so far im thinkin a 5ft tall trans. but i can all ways change. love the site hope it keeps growin

STEVE :!:
sp0rtscrazd11

Postby skatemonk31 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:30 pm

hey im David and im 13...i live in GA and ive been skating for about 6 months..i can do a boardslide sometimes a kickflip and 180...i wanted to build a quarter pipe but i want it to be 3 feet instead of 4....wut do i need to change on the plans....please help as soon as u can cuz my borthday is coming up and i want to build it for my bday...i really need an answer fast
skatemonk31

Postby Mystery on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 pm

hi everyone,
whenever i go to the local bowl i always seem to scared to drop in :oops: . Because i always think that the back wheel of my scooter is going to clip the lip of the bowl and face plant like my friend has done. Can i have some help to overcome this fear. And one time i went to a different bowl i dropped in then i fell off my scooter i really need help!!!!!!!ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE????????????
Mystery

heyy

Postby mendee on Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 am

hey i'm mendi, Macedonia
i need a little help in building ramps,
i'm just starting to build one, but i would use a little help in choosing the materials
what type of wood is the most appopriate to use in the ramp?
mendee

Postby mwilberg on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

Heisann,

My name is Marius, I'm a 35 year old "oldschool" skate/snowboarder and now a skate/snowboard dad that have come back to my senses and is planning to get some action out of this old body :)

I started skateboarding in the late 80s when it was still illegal in Norway, and we got chased off everywhere we went. Was fun back then, but even more fun now when my 15 year old son is trying to show off, and I can match him trick for trick all day long :p

Hoping to get some decent plans for a 6' ramp now so I can build something all the kids will enjoy, and wont scare me away either :D

-Marius
mwilberg

Postby MattyB on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:39 am

Hey. So here's the life story, I'm 25, have a 3 year old son, am a dj/producer, in a punk/ska/jungle band and in a hardcore punk band. I havn't really skated in about 10 years so i decided to start again. instead of going to the local park where the kids half my age are 100 times better, i'm just building my own ramps to skate at home.
MattyB

Postby kilika on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Aloha All,
I am an avid surfer, former skater in my younger days and now I just long board. I live at the beach in a small coastal town in Delware. I have 2, 23 year old sons and a 16 year old daughter who skate. I excited to be holding our 3rd annual "Go Skate Day" in our church parking lot which I got started in 2008 with over 300 in attendance. Our current project is to build a new 16'x24'x4' Half-pipe, launch ramps, fun boxes, rails for the event. Cool site and wish us luck for a great event!
kilika

Postby painklr on Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 am

Hello All,

My name is Francisco from Texas. I started skating back in the late 80's. I was pretty good since I could skate all the time in Jr. and High school. I did not skate much in college and really did not skate much once I got a real job and married. Well fast forward 20 years. I am now a 34 year old grandfather. That right, I said grandfather!!! (long story) After working 2 jobs for the last five years, I was able to pay off a bunch of debt and now have the oppportunity to do things that I have always wanted. My wife bought me a new board for xmas and for the last couple of months I have been hitting the community skate parks trying to rip the course like I used to. It's a lot harder to make a come back 30 lbs heavier but the excersice is great for my body. The lbs are slowly falling off and for the past several weeks I have been thinking about building a mini ramp in my garage. I got the ok from the wife, and started to do some research. I came across this site and was blown away. I love viewing the projects that were submitted and am excited about building my ramp. I have begun getting ride of things from my garage and am looking at design options for the location, height, and materials for my build. I have always wanted a ramp in my back yard, but one for the garage is going to be super sweet. I will post progress of my build once I get started. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
painklr

max :D

Postby madmax on Mon May 31, 2010 5:54 am

hello!
my name is max,
i live in england... and theres not very many ramps near by but a lot of skaters were i livee... :)
so, i'm thinking about building the mini ramp (custom)
but i was wondering if im going to make it with two sheets of plywood. what thickness should they be, and do i need to treat them with anything?
many thanks max :D
madmax

PreviousNext

Return to Ramp Building Forums