Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - some questions about mini ramp plan
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

some questions about mini ramp plan

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

some questions about mini ramp plan

Postby aviv6502 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 am

hello
First of all i want to ask somthig aboute the Materials
in the plans. it's says that i need to get 45 pieces of 8' 2x4 board
my question is if the 2x4 is like 2''x4'' if it is talking about 2 inch x 4 inch

the second question
when i start to Cut the sides
i should measure 3.5'' width
but if what that i seid before is true [ 2inch x 4inch ]
it should be 4inch width because the 2x4 board is 4 inch board or hiegh
and i am put the 2x4 board plumb so is heigh is 4 inch and when i will connection [didnt find better word] the hieghts wont be equal
so what should i do?? how to measure??

if someone understand me pleaseee help me [by the way i am only 15 and from israel so my english is not very good so done laugh at me]
thanks for the help
peace
aviv6502

Re: some questions about mini ramp plan

Postby frankenfender on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Aviv6502...

The "2x4" referred to in the plans on this site is actually a board 1.5 inches x 3.5 inches x 8 feet. That is why you measure up 3.5 inches for your radiuses. Also, the symbol " means inches. (I think you may have been asking that.)

Good luck!
frankenfender

Postby aviv6502 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:40 am

thank you man but are u sure??
isnt it too littele 1.5'' x 3.5''??
one more thing
how long should be the fishing line?
i am doing exactly what the min ramp plans talls me to do.
it is fits me exactly as i want my measures

by the way.
if i will build a mini ramp and not mini halfpipe [same but the halfpipe should be outside and the mini ramp should be inside]

so does it matter if i will put the mini ramp out side on grass or blocks [like this onr http://www.xtremeskater.com/projects/kgskate.html or that one http://www.xtremeskater.com/projects/Tonka64.html ]
and in the winter i will cover the mini ramp with nylon or somthig that wont wet
the mini ramp//

thank u soooooo much
aviv6502

Postby Bobby on Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:12 pm

aviv6502 wrote:thank you man but are u sure??
isnt it too littele 1.5'' x 3.5''??

1.5" x 3.5" ( x 8 feet long) is correct

The fishing line should be about 6' 10"

The mini halfpipe and mini ramp plans are very similar, use them both, the outdoor plans have some differences that make the ramp stronger (2x6's used instead of 2x4's, treated wood instead of non treated, the outdoor ramp cannot be easily separated) and more expensive.

You do not have to use skatelite if you cover the ramp with something that will keep it dry.

If the ramp is on grass, you should use cement blocks.

good luck I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby aviv6502 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:49 am

o.k thanks.. can i cuild the mini ramp with 2x6??
and what does it mean 2x6? or 2x4
because i dont know waht to ask whan i want to buy that board
[ i am from israel and we are talkin in ''cm'' or ''meter'' and i dont know what is 2x4 or 2x6
thank
by the way i am soory that i am drive insane you// i just have to know all that things before i start.
aviv6502

Postby Bobby on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:48 am

2 inches x 6 inches, you can convert inches to cm by

1 inch = 2.54 cm

BUT, the actual dimensions are 1.5" x 5.5", which is really making this explanation more complex than it should have to be.

1.5" x 5.5" (a 2x6) is equivalent to 3.81cm x 13.97cm

1.5" x 3.5" (a 2x4) is equivalent to 3.81cm x 8.89cm

I expect you should be able to find wood close to those dimensions, but not exactly.

using 2x6's for the skeleton will make the ramp stronger, but it will cost more, for outdoors, I recommend using 2x6's
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby aviv6502 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:35 pm

man thank you so much!! u are like a king for me
my uncle and i pass the plan and we have more question [he is a woodworker somthing like that so e helps me to build the ramp]
so/
1. Surfacing
i need to put 2 lyars which one firs the playwood or the massonite?
can i use somthig better than massonite? because you writed there ''I did a layer of 1/4" massonite, which doesn't add as much support as a plywood layer, but its better than nothing. I would recommend going with two layers of plywood.''
so what should i put?. i can buy another plywood instead the massonite.

2. i am puting 3 piece of the ''[3/4" untreated plywood]''
two on the sides and one in the middle. its o.k right?
this is really hard for me to write that question :s :S
how long should i put the 2x4 between one and the outher?
here is a pictures
how much the space should be.

3. what is the radius that should be the drop? i mean the 2 Quarter Pipes.
hope u will understand amm// to cut the sides what is the radius??

4. should i put 2 2x4 in the middle???
like doubl [doubly?] 2x4 in the middle of the Quarter Pipe???

5. my uncle ask if he can smear some oile that water can not intrude [some special oile that the wood annex and water wont intrudes and the Surface wont slip]
i dont have to put that pile

that s it for now i am sorry i drive you insane
i know my english is very very very bad
but i have to konw to start working on that
aviv6502

Postby benwinch on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 pm

ok, here goes...
1. the masonite is the final layer. it is not there for strength, but it is smooth and provides a good riding surface. it is your choice if you want to use one or two layers of plywood underneath the masonite. i am a heavier guy, so i used two layers of plywood, then a layer of masonite. the plywood is where the strength comes from.

2. when placing the 2x4s, i put them 6" apart on the transitions, and 12" apart on the flat-bottom. on the transition, i put them closer since i would be landing on that part of the ramp, and i want it to have a little more support.

3. the radius for the plans is 6'10", so the string needs to be that length.

4. it is up to you if you want to put 2x4s in the middle of the quarter pipe, any added strength is nice, but its up to your budget

5. i have never used oil to keep water out, i generally use water sealer. as long as oil absorbs into the wood and doesnt make the riding surface too slick then it should be fine.
something to keep in mind: masonite has a thin layer of veneer on the surface, which doesnt allow it to absorb a sealer very well, and will leave it very slick. i have masonite on my ramp and just use a large tarp to cover it.

hope that helped
benwinch

Postby aviv6502 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 am

man thank you so much
i have one more question but i dont think that is the end

ok. so this is what is write in the Surfacing step [step 3]

''Generally for a miniramp two layers of 3/8" plywood are added, for this ramp I went with one plywood layer (mostly due to time constraints), I did a layer of 1/4" massonite, which doesn't add as much support as a plywood layer, but its better than nothing. I would recommend going with two layers of plywood.''

what should i put?

2 lyars of plywood [3/8'']
or
1 lyar of plywood and 1 of massonite?
or 2 lyars of plywood and then 1 lyar of massonite??

that is very confusing paragraph please explain me what should i put..
thanks..
aviv6502

Postby bmxrox on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:53 am

well if it were up to me i would put two layers of ply wood and one layer of massonite. that will make it strong, relible and make it last for years to come. have fun building!!
bmxrox

Next

Return to Ramp Building Forums