Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli

Postby bumonboard on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:42 am

i need help i cant afford skatelite is there any thing esle i can use
bumonboard

Re: is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli

Postby bmxrox on Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 pm

paint it
bmxrox

Postby frankenfender on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 pm

http://www.skatepaint.com/

SkatePaint. Saw it while doing some research. Don't know anything about it. Do a little research and see what you find out. Probably only need this on your skating surface. Prime and paint or waterseal everything else and you should be fine. Probably should re-apply from time to time... Let us know how it works.

Good Luck!
frankenfender

Postby krazykyle5892 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 pm

I used Tar paper for on top of the plywood surface, then used masonite or something simmaler. Ten i used water sealer (that was made for a deck) on all the 2by4s, sides, and plat forms. i think the masonite should last about a year so just replace it when you need to.
krazykyle5892

Postby Bobby on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 pm

I've always been a fan of the giant tarp, its a little more work but much less expensive and keeps your whole ramp in better shape.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby bumonboard on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:34 pm

ill try the skatepaint and the tarp at the same time
bumonboard

Postby Tonka64 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I used Thompson's Water Sealer on the Deck, its rained and snowed and the water just beads off, works great, I've even put Ice Melt on the ramp to melt the ice off, then you just sweep off the water wait a few to dry and skate to your hearts content. The salt does leave white marks on top but it doesnt hurt the wood nor the skating. Kids are skating it in 10 degree F weather
Tonka64

Postby bumonboard on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:23 am

ill try evrything
bumonboard

Postby benwinch on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 am

Bobby wrote:I've always been a fan of the giant tarp, its a little more work but much less expensive and keeps your whole ramp in better shape.

yes, my ramp is 12' by 30' and i just tarp it when im not working on it and when im done ill be able to get away with just tar paper and a layer of masonite. just try that
benwinch

Postby bumonboard on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:22 pm

k
bumonboard

Next

Return to Ramp Building Forums