Postby dss454 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

im denis i skate and i build ramps.
dss454

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby aviv6502 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:45 am

hey whats up people my name is Aviv and i am 15 years old/
i'm from israel [with a lot of great skaters]
so.. i am planing to build a mini ramp frome the plan in the site//
i will start working i think next week then i will post pictures and stuff.
byee...
aviv6502

Postby Wizill on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:56 pm

What's up everybody, I'm Will... AKA (by me) Wizill. I've been skating off and on for as long as I could walk but I'm now 23 and really getting back into it. Just recently finished with school, got a decent job and I guess technically my "life" is in order... That being said, it was time for me to get a new board and get back at it. I'm not very good at doing tricks but I have decent natural balance and can ride the heck out of a skateboard.

I just love the skating culture, always have. To me it's more about the culture and just being around people who love skating than it is about being the best skater. Skateboarders, and I mean TRUE skateboarders (not the kids that got into it because of the money or fame), are the coolest guys you'll ever meet. Back when I started skating there wasn't much promise in it. It was just something kids did to have a good time. During my lifetime I've watched it progress into a professional sport and loved every minute of it.

I've always wanted my own mini ramp, or just something within walking distance to skate. I live in a place where skating is viewed as nothing more than a destructive hobby that drop-outs and druggies take up. If people took the time to understand us better, they may realize that most of us are no different than a basketball player or baseball player. Skating is just our sport. You don't hear anyone calling the guys at the local basketball hoop a bunch of bums. It's just something that always got to me, but in a good way. I enjoy being "different" by society's standards. Skating is just another beautiful thing that sets me apart from "society".

Thanks for creating this site, I'll definitely be revisiting. Just hoping to meet some cool new people and eventually get my own mini built.

Later people--
Will
Wizill

Postby james_siy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:20 pm

welcome will, that was a nice read too btw
james_siy

Postby phoenix81053 on Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:03 pm

My name is Adam. I am a student at OLVisitation, and I am 14. I live in Cincinnati,OH. I skateboard and I'm starting to build a mini ramp but I need the materials. I have stopped skating for a while from a major injury from a halfpipe. But now I've been trying to get back into skateboarding. Skateboarding has always been my favorite thing to do, and when I get mad at my family or something, I just go skate.
phoenix81053

Postby dcphotos on Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 am

Just signed up for the forum, I'm a 41-year old skater in Alabama and I'm about to build a ramp. Current plan is to go for something 5' high, 12' of flat, 16' wide and maybe 6.5' or 7' tranny. Advice is welcomed!
dcphotos

Postby Rietz on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, my name is Mike. Rietveld. Canadian born and raised, i live a Mullen manual away from the "great" (Pfft) Niagara falls. I'm an iron worker here in Ontario, and i've been skating 13 years.
Always down for skate and always up on a date!
<<*905-2008$..:;<{[(*SI(8'4'LiF3*)]}>;:..$What!F.S.C.*>>
Rietz

Postby skate10 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Hi, I'm just a mom helping my son build a ramp I promised this summer. Much tougher than the 3min video :). Can't seem to build the frame. hmm. not a good way to start.
But determined. Hope someone can help...thanks.
jean.
skate10

Postby adamjones on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm

HI, my name is adam, I'm 13, and Ive been skateboarding for 8 years in september. Ive built over 20 ramps and most of them were for other people.

I got into skating when I was 6 and I have loved it ever since I first stepped onto a board. two years ago a man was selling his half pipe for $100. I thought it was going to be some crappy ramp when my father first told me it was for sale. I soon learned that it was a 5"8 tall ramp on one side and 4"5 on the other. We haulled it back to my house and began working. We finally finished and I skated it almost every day. I began learning and completing tricks I saw other skaters do.

Fact is, I love skating and I have plenty of experience in skateboarding and building ramps. I hope to learn more on this forum and maybe be able to become a moderator sometime soon.
adamjones

PreviousNext

Return to Ramp Building Forums