Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/banaax/xtremeskater.com/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4188: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:456)
Xtreme Skater • View topic - Perfect Ground Transitions - ABS Sheet Plastic
Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Perfect Ground Transitions - ABS Sheet Plastic

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Perfect Ground Transitions - ABS Sheet Plastic

Postby frankenfender on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:10 pm

While building our Q pipe from XS plans, I initially tried to use sheet metal for the ground transition. I couldn't find flat sheet, so I was going to try cutting up some duct. It wasn't going well, then I stumbled upon some left over 1/8 inch ABS sheet plastic I had.

I gave it a shot and it works perfectly! It's a very smooth transition. It flexes just enough with you as you transition on the ramp. Being ABS, it will wear very well. It's very durable. And it will never rust!

You can order a 24"x48" sheet on-line for $24 (plus shipping). Rip it to make two+ pieces to span an 8 ft ramp. The seam in the middle doesn't seem to get in the way at all. My transitions are 5" wide. Check the attached pics and our project page "Zach's Ramp."

You can order it here, http://www.rplastics.com/abssheet.html (located in San Diego for drive up) or check locally for a plastic supply company.

It's the way to go!

Good Luck!
frankenfender

Re: Perfect Ground Transitions - ABS Sheet Plastic

Postby bmxrox on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:59 am

i saw that you have a rail on the top of you ramp. What kind of rail is it, how much was it, and where did u get it?

thanks
jake
bmxrox

Postby Bobby on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:46 pm

ABS Sheet plastic, sounds great, I will add that info to the plans. Thanks for the pics, that is a nice looking QP.
Bobby
Site Admin

Postby frankenfender on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 am

I went back and looked at my receipt... The coping is 1-1/2 inch EMT (Electrical Metallic Tubing). It's used as conduit for running electrical wiring (thus being found in the electrical section of Home Depot). I paid US$13.90 for 10 ft.

The coping is 1 1/2 inch galvanized pipe. The type typically used for light fencing. Purchased from Home Depot. Not sure what the cost was...probably under $20 for a 10ft piece. It's typically in the electrical section.

bmxrox wrote:i saw that you have a rail on the top of you ramp. What kind of rail is it, how much was it, and where did u get it?

thanks
jake
frankenfender

Postby dss454 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 pm

great idea
dss454

Postby Mattsoft1 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:44 pm

Why don't you just use the plastic as the whole surface?
Mattsoft1

Return to Ramp Building Forums