BMX

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

BMX

Postby cmbmx on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am

Is the mini ramp good for bmx?
cmbmx

Re: BMX

Postby bmxrox on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 am

no if you want to bmx it is hard to use a mini the smallest halfpipe that you can really use would have to be vert and atleast 6' tall. with a 6' radious. the smallest ive seen is 5' 6'' and it was tight so my answer is no

later jake

and i am pretty experinced i n bmx and building (i sell ramps) so i no wut im talkin bout
bmxrox

Postby irideabikewithnohandlebas on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm not great but I've been riding for a little while and I've ridden a 5' quarter with a 5' radius out of concrete and it works but not great. Mini ramps aren't good because the radius is way to much for a bike and its hard to air out of and stall because of the radius.
irideabikewithnohandlebas

Postby Gaffey on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 am

loads of mini ramps are cool for bmx. Just look at rampplans.org. You need at least 5 foot for you to air and you need like 10ft on the bootom because bikes are bigger etc. My freind used to have one and I always used to go on my bmx. Cinabit

5 footers and spines are good for practicin stuff. Its great fun. I don't have a park near me so I am getting a mini like benwinches but bigger.
Gaffey

Postby bmxrox on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 pm

ya i go on that site all the time like 5 times a day. lol and i no almost all those ramps. but ya i guess a 5 footer a little under vert would b fun specially with a spine.
bmxrox

Return to Ramp Building Forums