Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

Introduce Yourself

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Pro2Go on Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:58 am

Hi,
My name is Michael and i am 13 years old !!! I live in Canada. I started to look some of the videos on youtube of xtremskater and when i read the description...it says to go on the site for more information of how to build a ramp. I skated for 2 years now !!! i can land a kickflip, 360 flip and a olie. Me and my dad want to build a micro mini ramp !!! very small !!! i dont know if its hard to build one but i know the price !!! 373 $ !!!

Mick...
Pro2Go

Postby mx5rush on Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Dan here,

I'm a 45 year old ex-hardcore boarder from the 1970's. I was a military brat back then... and in 1976 my dad got orders overseas to Naples Italy. Lived there 4 years. For those that were around, you know how magic those 4 years were in the world of skateboarding. While I was overseas we skated with religious fervor... and living overseas, we had no TV, hardly any radio, and you can't drive till your 18...

So instead of whining about our lack of distractions, me and my friends skated all the freaking time. Our neighborhood was on a hillside and we skated downhill a ton. And when it rained, we built a series of ramps in the basement of my families 'villa'! We skated the streets all freaking day, and memorized the pages of Skateboarder magazine each night drifting off to bed.

I started skating in 1972 on a piece of ash (brick solid like a baseball bat!) with freaking clay wheels! I was there when urethane wheels hit the street and we all thought we were in heaven!!! I street skated the whole time till moving back to the states around 1980. I was shocked to find the skateparks in Va. Beach jackhammered and gone... the whole community was anti-skateboards! I turned 16 and all my friends got sucked into cars... (bummer in a way, but I'm still a gearhead as well!)

I still have my old Sims Superply, with independents and Sims Snake conicals... up till recently it had just been lying around in 'hibernation'. Now, my almost 11 year old has decided he wants to skateboard, for real... looks like we're gonna upgrade from the walmart trash boards. We've already been kicked off the nearby highschool's property by 'the law'... so my son doesn't know it yet, but we're gonna have to build a ramp. We live out in the country and don't have any pavement worth riding on around the house. I'm not driving him here and there everytime he wants to skate!!!! Plus, if we're doing this for real, ol'Dad here has to get some moves back before busting it out at the skatepark in The Woodlands Tx!! (I've got to loose about 15 pounds too!)

Later, Dan
mx5rush

Postby adison on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:49 pm

HI! My name is adison, i am in7th grade,ans i'm turning 13 in 14 days. Right now i'm in love with skateboarding. Not to sound cocky but im pretty goodhttp://www.xtremeskater.com/forums/ ... 03481ad87# (so the locals say). In a week or so my dad and i are building a grind box(i'll post pics as soon as we do). THnx for the free plans.
adison

Postby Mattsoft1 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:08 am

I have just started skating a couple months ago and I like it alot! So I have started a skatepark :D But things keep going wrong :cry: I go to skate parks all the time :) If you have any questions :?: on the skatepark or ramps or anything e-mail me :arrow: at Mattsoft1@gmail.com
Mattsoft1

Postby Greenweed on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:54 am

hi im Stefan, i have been skateing a little while now, i leant to drop in a few months ago and i quite liked it, i decided i am going to build a mini ramp in my back garden to skate it but all the plans on here look a little too wide as i will be placeing it width ways along my garden. What is the total lenght of the plans here?
Greenweed

Postby retracsk8 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 am

Hi, I'm Carter and i am a teenaged skateboarder/rollerblader. I've been skateboarding for around 11 months and im fairly good and i've been inline skating for about a year now and im pretty good and all my friends either skate,blade or bike so i was looking for plans and then i found this site. I've figured i was going to build 3 things which are probably the launch ramp,the grind box and the custom mini pipe. And the bail videos are hilarious!
retracsk8

Postby Packograss on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:31 am

Yo my name is Joe I live in a very rural town. But I love skateboarding, im attempting to try and build the miniramp sweet plans btw. Also I'm a half decent artist, and i play a small amount of guitar and I write songs. Im a active Christain and love white metal.
Favorite skaters r Rohdney Mullen and P. Rod (cant spell his last name lol). Thats pretty much all I have lol.

Peace
Packograss

Postby Mattsoft1 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:43 am

I have finally finished my halfpipe it is so awesome I can like 50-50, backside 50-50 and blunt to rock to fakie it is really fun.i say every sk8er should at lease make a 4 foot wide halfpipe like mine. I have an awesome secret for surfaces on ramps, hard wood, it is only 10 bucks for a 8ftx4ft sheet, 2x as hard as plywood, it is super smooth super easy to bend (if you lay it on the ramp it will bend itself!). Just not water proof. I love it though.
Mattsoft1

Postby boognishmofo on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:09 pm

:D :lol: :mrgreen: Hi, my name is Steve. I just turned 30 and live in Nashville TN. I used to skate back in the 80's ,90's but snowboarding was more my thing. I always played hockey and liked inline but did not realize until recently how much the skates have progressed in the past years. So I got a pair of aggressive skates and have a nice size back yard and have gathered up a bunch of lumber from various dumpsters and sites. I have no other choice but to use used wood , cant afford much these days. I was wondering if anyone has ever used wood pallats for the base frame for their ramps and boxes. I'm thinking about a 4' pipe and a 8' pipe with a funbox in the middle of both. Thanks for all the dedication to this wonderful site.
boognishmofo

Postby freakyz68 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Hey,
I heard of you from Old Man Army. I used your plans for the custom mini to plan and start building a ramp in my backyard here in Stockton, CA. The tips and directions you gave are so great! I was able to get the materials for the ramp for just about exactly what you estimated. The explanation of how to draw and cut the transitions was so easy to understand and do. I also liked playing with the ramp calculator to try different radii out. Thanks for providing this website. You guys are extremely helpful.
Sincerely,
Zach Silver aka Freakyz68
freakyz68

PreviousNext

Return to Ramp Building Forums