Xtreme Skater - Free skate ramp plans

is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli

Talk about ramp building, ask questions

Re: is there i can water proof my halfpipe without using skateli

Postby dss454 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 pm

what i do is put skatpaint on the top plywood layer then on the massonite, then i use a tarp and its probably the best thing i have found.
dss454

Postby Mattsoft1 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:40 pm

SkatePaint over hardwood its unbelievable and a tarp!
Mattsoft1

Postby luch on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 pm

i use a tarp becasue its cheap and easy
luch

Postby mcjumbo on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 am

easist and cheapist way would be to paint ply with regular house paint. makes it smooth as masonite but more water resistant.
mcjumbo

Postby UsDrampro68 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:14 am

I just got this really nice paint that's brand new and it lasts for a very long time. It's durable, extreme weather proof, and it's the longest lasting paint out there. It's called Industrial TUF-Quick. Make sure to get the skip grip or else youll slide all over the place. It works real nice for my miniramp.
UsDrampro68

Postby Kylemc1 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:36 am

Several options, Thompson's water seal is the least expensive but should be re applied two years. Use the UV protection kind. A tarp will work as long as it completely covers the ramp. It will have to be replaced about every two years. It also helps to have the halfpipe at a slight side to side angle to help water runoff. Attach it to the top of one side and let it angle toward the opposite side in the middle to the edge. Oil base or latex enamel paint works well. Pay special attention to the edges of the plywood, especially at the bottom. It will out last both the water seal or the tarp. If you are building a new ramp with treated wood(recommended) wait at least two weeks before applying the paint. The best way to keep it in good condition is to use the combination of water seal and tarp or paint and a tarp.
Kylemc1

Postby duane900 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I what I'm going to do with my ramp is: Seal all the spaces between the edges of the plywood with painters caulk, prime it then paint it.
duane900

Postby craniumcruncher on Sun May 20, 2012 6:34 am

i heard that skatepaint is just a expensive version of spar urethane paint (like Man o' war) does anyone know? i want something that works well against water but wont make my ramp a slip and slide
craniumcruncher

Postby bargi on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:34 am

hi i live in the uk and I'm thinking of making a mini ramp using you're plans. as you may no it rains a lot more here then it does in america. will the mini ramp survive in my back yard if i leave it there?

yours sincerely

Benji
bargi

Previous

Return to Ramp Building Forums